Pages

Wednesday 25 May 2016

My Unsung Hero Narrative



Unsung Hero



I can’t believe this has happened! I woke up in the middle of the freezing winter night hearing the fire alarm blaring. I could scarcely hear my brother telling me to go outside. Half awake, I trudged downstairs where my mum was trying frantically to put out a batty, brutal, blazing fire in our living room. Her eyes were terrified as she ushered us outside and ordered us to knock on our neighbours doors, and ask them for help.


“Come on.” My brother said nervously, but thrilled at the same time. Squish Squelch! The mud under my feet sent chills down my spine. My brother and I ascended one of our neighbours steps, ‘Creak!’ I felt like I was in a horror movie. We knocked once, no answer, twice, nothing, three times, and still nothing! So we descended the stairs with a sigh and went to knock on the rest of our neighbours doors. All of the houses repeated the same situation, knocking once, twice and three times with no response. Overcome with defeat, we leaned against our house, full of anxiety, and unsure if we should go inside. My eyes were fluttering, sleep taking over me, when suddenly a bright light jolted me awake, and a roar of an engine filling me with hope.


(I am still working on this)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/17/2016

    Hello Estelle,
    Keep up the AWESOME work! I love how you put a lot of effort into this.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.