Pages

Monday 10 November 2014

Moment in Time:

Our visit to the Mary Mackillop CentreScreenshot 2014-10-23 at 9.40.52 AM.png




The sun reflecting on the chalice, shines in my eyes. I am at the Church of the Josephite sisters, with the whole of Christ The King School.

I look at Father Peter (who is celebrating the mass)he is consecrating the wine. Father Peter is wearing a gleaming white vestment. I can see his silver watch on his left wrist. His left hand is holding the top of the chalice and his right hand is holding the bottom, his gaze is at the book. Then I look at the altar in front of him. It is a smooth light brown, circular table. On the altar are two cream candles opposite each other on the edge. In the middle is a black microphone on a stand. Covering the altar is a white frilly table cloth. On the left of the table is a smaller table which also has a white frilly table cloth covering it, a bottle of wine, and a bottle of water. I notice a bouquet of  flowers in front of the brown circular altar. It has orange-red and light pink flowers in a white vase. Then something in the corner of my eye catches my gaze, it is the dark brown tabernacle which is fit into a space in the wall behind Father Peter. On it is carved something that looks like a fish. I look at the rest of the wall. It is pure white, except the space in the wall, which is light brown. I turn my eyes to the tabernacle.


While I continue gazing at the tabernacle, with the body of Christ inside, I wonder about Jesus’ sacrifice for us, and how God rose him from the dead and took him to heaven, Body and soul, and how we are gathered here together with the Josephite sisters, to celebrate the Eucharist.      

By:Estelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.